Website Cignus Consulting, LLC
Cignus is actively seeking a talented and hardworking junior (0 – 3 years of experience) or mid-level (3 – 8 years of experience) Airport Planner for immediate employment in our Leesburg, VA offices. The candidate can look forward to a variety of exciting projects focused on airspace, airside, terminal, and landside planning across a variety of airport systems to address near-term operational issues and long-range master planning. Come join a growing team and work on some of the most exciting and complex airport systems in the world.
The responsibilities of this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Support the development of airport master plans
- Support the preparation of conceptual designs and ALPs including use of Computer Aided Drawing (CAD) tools
- Conduct planning activities focus on identifying, analyzing, evaluating, and recommending issues involved in airport development and improvements
- Develop and assess trends, statistics, and external impacts affecting airport planning
- Conduct demand/capacity analyses
- Conduct airside/terminal modeling and simulation studies using tools such as TAAM, AirTOp, CAST, or Simio
- Support Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) and Urban/Advanced Air Mobility (UAM/AAM) Planning projects
- Work directly with clients, airlines, and ATC
- Support airside/landside facility planning
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors (or Masters) degree in a relevant aviation field
- 0-3 years of Airport Planning experience (Junior Level)
- 3-8 years of Airport Planning experience (Mid-Level)
- Industry-specific experience and knowledge including FAA ACs and ICAO/IATA standards
- Experience in the use of CAD (i.e. AutoCAD) preferred
- Experience in simulation modeling (airside or terminal) a benefit
- Excellent communications and technical writing skills
- Proficiency with Office Suite including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint,
Minimal initially with future opportunities
Cignus is an SBA certified 8(A) small aviation-focused engineering and consulting company headquartered in Leesburg, VA. We provide airport/airspace planning, terminal planning, simulation & modeling, operations planning, and systems/software engineering services to aviation clients worldwide.
Cignus is involved in some of the most cutting-edge and exciting projects and programs across the globe. We provide a work environment that encourages growth, creativity, and flexibility across the entire company. We also offer a competitive benefits program with a focus on positive work-life balance.
Cignus Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org